Global Food and Ingredients Inc. (“GFI”) is a fast-growing Canadian owned food and ingredients company. GFI’s vision is to become a leader in connecting the global pulses and specialty crops supply chain, from origination through to value-added processing and distribution to the end user.
GFI is committed to building a leading organization that does business differently. We have ambitious goals and our team is the key to our success. GFI fosters a work culture that promotes happiness, teamwork, trust, work-life balance and success for our employees. We also offer a competitive compensation package.
GFI is expanding into the United States by opening a distribution centre for our products in the East Coast to supply food to businesses. We are currently recruiting for Outside Sales Representatives in the Triangle Area in North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) on a full-time permanent basis.
The Outside Sales Representatives will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining new strategic partnerships with customers, including restaurants, food retailers/institutions, military locations, hospitals, government entities, etc.
- Acquiring new sales accounts via leads, cold-calling, on-site visits and other strategic selling solutions to drive volume, revenue and profits
- Analyzing customer information using databases and expanding business opportunities
- Monitoring market trends to maximize sales opportunities
- Arranging client meetings on a regular basis
- Negotiating terms of sale with customers
- Maintaining and exceeding customer satisfaction through superior service and execution. This includes understanding the customer’s needs, working to fulfill them, and following up as needed
- Placing sales orders to be delivered in the assigned territory
- Handling accounts receivable and maintaining accounts within assigned limits
- Travelling regularly for work (at least 40% overnight travel). Mileage and travel expenses will be reimbursed by GFI
- Other responsibilities as required or assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of fact-based selling experience
- Food service or consumer package goods experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Reliable, ethical and professional
- Highly motivated, hard-working, professional and performance-driven
- Proven prospecting, follow-up and value-added selling skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and reliable transportation
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. periodically
- Must be willing and able to travel for work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Spanish is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workplace. We will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to membership of a protected class.
If you would like to request reasonable accommodation during any stage of the application process, please contact Human Resources. We can be contacted by:
- Phone – (416) 431-0915
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – 43 Colborne St, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5E 1E3
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Due to high applicant volumes, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.