Website Hudson Automotive Group
Hudson is an automotive dealership group
Hudson Automotive Company is growing and is now hiring for a Controller to join our team! Must have automotive dealership Controller experience. Are you looking for a career with a growing organization and opportunities for advancement? If so, we want to speak with you. Prior automotive dealership experience is required.
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Employee development through training and advancement opportunities
Employee discounts on products & services
Balanced work schedule
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and within each manufacturer’s format and time frame.
- Ensures that all manufacturer accounts, including warranty claims, rebates, interest protection and co-op advertising are current and accurate.
- Interprets the financial statement and the daily operating control (DOC) regularly and informs dealer of developing trends.
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term financial forecasts for the dealership.
- Provides department managers with detailed financial and management reports.
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and makes recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- Directs assessment of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Reviews the general ledger and scheduled accounts. Notes any unusual entries and investigates.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable, and floor plan payable.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and advises dealer regarding any operational adjustments needed to accommodate revisions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records, etc.
- Manages the dealership computer system to maximize utilization.
- Administers a loss review program and maintains loss reserves for contingent liabilities and trade receivables.
- Prepares and processes all insurance claims.
- Coordinates annual audit (or review) and physical inventory.
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting procedures and maintaining accurate records and analyses and supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order to minimize audit or review costs.
- Continually strives to improve data integrity and information reporting throughout the dealership.
Hudson Automotive is a third-generation, family-owned and operated business proudly serving customers with all their automotive needs. Founded in 1948, Hudson Automotive has grown from a single location in Providence, KY to a multistate, multi-franchise organization with 50 dealerships and more than 5,000 employees throughout the Carolinas, Georgia, Ohio, Louisiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.