Website High 5
- Willing to work on Hybrid Set-up ( 2 days online)
- Willing to work with Contractual (5 months)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working hours – 8 – 5 pm, As a GL Accountant you will report to the Accounting Services Manager and are responsible for all Plant Transaction Accounting, Account maintenance and Trial Balance preparation for a defined set of GL accounts.
- The GL accountant is a key role alongside the Metal Accountant supporting the Accounting Services Manager in preparing an accurate TB, ensuring all transactions are captured, work closely with AR, AP (SSC) etc and ensures controls and accounting policies are applied.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Trial Balance including preparation of journals for management adjustments, fixed assets and depreciation, capital projects, and intercompany allocations.
- Independently prepare general ledger and fixed asset reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain Fixed Asset policies and procedures with support from the Plant Financial Accountant.
- Establish and maintain effective accounting policies working with the Plant Compliance & Control and Sector Controlling team ensuring they are effectively operationalised.
- Record capital project spending and provide project transactional reporting to enable monitoring of capital projects.
- Responsible for managing GL transactions for product costs working with the Plant Insights & Decision Support team to source transactional data.
- Ensure timely reports are available from SAP and other spreadsheets for management information purposes as and when requested.
Requirements for the role:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in accounting Significant experience embedding compliance to accounting policies and controls in a global organization.
- Accounting Standards.
- Ability to apply knowledge of applicable Accounting Standards and Cost Significant and substantial experience within the Finance function preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- General ledger
- Fixed asset