$75 – 90K (Negotiable) |
Our client is seeking a CNC Programmer to support operations for their Manchester, CT site. This position exists in the business unit to aid and support the manufacturing of complex close-tolerance aerospace components which are critical to flight safety on rotor craft and fixed-wing aircraft. The primary components are housings (e.g. cases and covers) and rotor head components (e.g. hubs, spindles and extensions). The components are from a wide range of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), thus the OEMs specifications, systems and processes must be understood and followed. To provide programs for Manchester CNC Machine Tools to enable them to make drive system/rotor head components and to support operators and operations management in that endeavor. This position is responsible for the implementation of CNC programs for new and existing products. This position also includes support and leadership of the day to day activities and projects within the Engineering Department.
1. Create or update CNC programs for new and existing aerospace components to meet the requirements of the manufacturing processes. Which could require interaction with direct customers.
2. Create or update operation sheets to incorporate the changes which new or updated programs have had an impact on, which could include submittal to flight safety boards.
3. Formulate and design tooling fixtures for new and existing components.
4. Provide technical support for programs in the quoting process for new and/or existing components, understand the costing portion of the program.
5. Create tool sheets and setup instructions.
6. Lead Technical projects within the group.
7. Research and implement new technologies into the programming and manufacturing processes. Share best practices within the group for improved programming and planning.
8. Improve existing programs to reduce runtime, produce proper finishes and tolerances and extend cutting tool life.
9. Support and lead the shop in determining problems on CNC machines and provide the solutions to those problems.
10. Assist CNC operating associates with setup and operating recommendations as well as new program prove out.
11. Constantly evaluate current process/procedure and find ways to eliminate waste or improve the process.
12. Manage multiple projects that involve the delegation of assignments to other engineers, analysts, hourly associates.
13. Mentor and support other programmers in the department.
- Bachelors Degree (Manufacturing, Engineering)
- Aerospace Manufacturing Processing
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong teams skills and ability to work with different levels
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing and proven ability to implement change.
- Strong problem solving capability
- Strong computer skills (MS Office including excel)
- Unigraphics experience highly desired (CAD/CAM experience is required)
- Knowledge of Flight Safety Process and Critical Characteristics is highly desired
a Top Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the
largest names in various industries. Our professional
recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client
locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of
exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
about our Process
to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call
Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.