We are looking for a Cardiovascular Perfusionist to join our team and assist our Surgeons during open-heart surgery. Cardiovascular Perfusionist responsibilities include setting up the necessary machines before surgery, monitoring the circulation of patient blood during surgery, and administering medication as needed. Ultimately, you will work with Surgeons and other health professionals during open-heart surgery to ensure our patients are safe throughout the entire procedure.
- Perform Intraoperative Autotransfusion during procedures when significant amounts of blood loss
- Provide technical management of the Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) during invasive placement in the Operating Room
- Ensure optimal performance of Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs).
- Provide extracorporeal shunting (VV bypass) of blood for selected patients
- Provide extracorporeal management of blood clot removal systems (AngioVac) for selected patients experiencing pulmonary or cardiac embolism
- Provide long term total body circulatory support for adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients suffering severe cardiac and/or pulmonary insufficiency
- Proven work experience as a Cardiovascular Perfusionist or similar role
- Graduate of an Accredited Perfusion Technology Program or approved program of Extracorporeal Technology
- Certification through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion to become a certified clinical Cardiovascular Perfusionist (CCP)
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Relative job descriptions: | Pediatric Nurse | Nurse Manager | Operating Room Nurse