Each organization should develop their own sourcing process to suit their own needs. With that in mind, there are four basic steps to the sourcing process. As you will see, the talent sourcing process combines elements unique to talent sourcing with those that overlap with recruitment.
- Plan: talent sourcing begins with establishing a clear plan designed to direct your search towards areas where you are most likely to find a high-density of desirable candidates
- Source: once a sourcing plan is in place, the next step is to identify, reach out to, and cultivate relationships with potential candidates. Be sure to read the “Talent Sourcing Tips section below for guidance on how to source most effectively
- Assess: Once you’ve generated a pool of qualified applicants, it’s time to assess the pool. This involves identifying the candidates best suited to perform the position in question and those most aligned with your organization’s culture and values.
- Hire: after a thorough interview process, you will offer the position to the top candidate, negotiate the particulars of the employment contract, and ultimately hire them.
- Onboarding: the final stage of the talent sourcing process entails the onboarding of new employees.